Oh Baby!
The month of December was mostly a blur as I was constantly naueseous from morning till night. Some days I just wanted to sleep all day as sleep was the only thing that kept the nausea away. I continue to vomit most often in the mornings. :( So I guess you could say I'm miserable these days.. Pretty much the urge to puke is ongoing every half hour or hour.. I've tried getting up slow, eating crackers, drinking gingerale, but to no avail. oh baby!
My energy level is still low and I just don't feel like doing anything! Even my photography has been put on the back burner for now.
So I'm 10 weeks now and my uterus is the size of a grapefruit and my baby is about the size of a grape or slightly bigger. Amazing huh?
Interesting tidbit..
for the first 3 months of pregnancy, our ovaries are the ones that feed the placenta and baby. The ovaries produce hormones that make the mother sick. Then once that time period is over, the placenta takes over thus ends the morning sickness. But not all women experience morning sickness - (some lucky mothers out there!)
I'm craving tart, sharp, strong flavored fruit such as oranges, kiwi, pineapples, etc and pickles too! Feta cheese hits the spot when I have it. I read up on Feta cheese because I was not sure whether it was safe to eat or not.. but it is!! Feta is a hard cheese and I'm so glad I can eat it! haha!!
Christmas came and went which was wonderful. Turkey dinner came and went and I managed to eat some and oh how delicious it was! My appetite is still not up to par.
2010 is so near and what a great year it will be! My world will be changing for the better! Cannot wait to meet the little one!
Happy New Year Everyone!
love Dorena and baby!
Wednesday, December 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow. Sounds like you're having a nasty morning sickness :( I'm guessing the prescription that the doctor gave you aren't working? It's amazing how your uterus is already that big! Only less than 2 weeks until you're in your 2nd trimester! Hopefully that means the end of your morning sicknesses too!!
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year and I look forward to meeting your little one THIS YEAR!
Love you always,
Jojo
I just read through all your pregnancy posts--it's just so exciting :) Pregnancy, birth, and newborns are my favourite topics.
ReplyDeleteHope you're feeling better soon! There is a B vitamin supplement that helps with nausea too. You could message Rebekah Ott about it. She always gets extremely nauseous with her pregnancies, but this time, hardly anything, and the only difference is that she has been taking some sort of B supplement--even since before she got pregnant. Worth looking into if it means you might stave off the urge to puke :)
Best wishes :)
Love Erin
I too took Vit B6 for nausea and it helped :) Glad to hear you are almost at 12 weeks, YAY!!
ReplyDelete